Sahamamy Project - Flake Graphite project
In 2017, the Company acquired Establissement Rostaing, a private company which had an existing operating project in Madagascar called the Sahamamy Project. The project constituted 8 km2 mining permit issued for 40 years, environment clearance, additional applied permit applications and an obsolete production facility of 200 TPA. The company discontinued the old operations and built a modern 3000 TPA plant which was commissioned in March 2019. The project is located at an aerial distance of 8 km from the Vatomina Project. A second plant module shall be added to bring the total production capacity to 21,000 TPA as per the company's development plan.
Plant 1 of 3000 tpa - producing & selling
- The Company commenced development of this plant in Q3 2018 and commissioned it in a record time of 6 - 7 months.
- The Company has established its unique and proprietary technology (SAGE) of extracting 50% of the waste as a by-product i.e., construction grade sand. This is currently being used for inhouse construction and infrastructure development.
- Superior product basket - 50% Jumbo, 35% Large and 15% Small Flakes
- Produced >97%C purity, consistently achieving >85% recovery.
- A lean process flow sheet planned, used and proven - provides comfort for further modules planned to be set up at both the projects.
- Markets established, selling across the globe into various applications with a major focus on Europe, USA, India and parts of Asia.
- Mining fleet deployed, free-dig mining continues with systematic mine development.
Plant 1 of 3000 tpa - GENERATING POSITIVE CASH FLOWS
- Industry lowest CAPEX and OPEX established
- Gross margins and C2 operating costs achieved better than guidance.