Tirupati Graphene and Mintech Research Center
The Tiruapti Graphene and Mintech Research Center is a unit of Tirupati Specialty Graphite. It is being developed in Bhubaneswar, India, with the aim of producing graphene, developing its applications and giving the company its technological backbone. A detailed feasibility study has been completed for the project and land is being acquired. The company has a team of experts specializing in this field. The center has multiple arms of which GRACE and MINMET are the major ones. The center is designed to be self-sufficient and also carry out research for graphite and graphene based applications and products.
Developing unconventional, cost effective and sustainable mineral processing technology starting from exploration to production
- Technology to utilize lean and low grade mineral economically
- Industry focused scheme with ongoing skill development
- Excellence in process evaluation, assessment and optimization of implementation of research results in industry.
A center of excellence for graphene and specialty graphite research, production
- Application based research for graphite and graphene to new age composites - applications development
- Low cost manufacture of high quality reduced graphene oxide (RGO) and graphene oxide (GO) from natural graphite - 10 kg/day of graphene
- Materials for improved batteries and energy storage devices in coordination with industry
- Excelling in intercalated expandable graphite and its application
- Technology backbone for products of graphite and graphene - foils, conductive polymers, capacitors, space and aviation industry etc., meeting all customer requirements.